Innova Sit Down Stitch-Regulated Quilting Machine Training & Rental Information
Your creative side is calling, You’ve pieced a beautiful quilt top and now you want to complete it with your own quilting. We recognize that there are quilters out there who don’t have their own machine to accommodate this desire. After learning the basic skills and completing our training course, you will be certified to rent our Innova Sit Down stitch-regulated quilting machine for quilting your own quilts.
Getting Certified is Easy
Simply complete our 2 hour training course taught on our Innova Sit Down stitch-regulated machine. You will learn the following skills:
- machine set up and basic operation of the machine
- thread basics and threading the machine
- winding a bobbin
- starting and stopping the machine
- quilting techniques
The course will be one-on-one. It will include a large quilt sandwich to practice stitching on. At the end of the class, certification will be issued if The Sewing Escape instructor determines that the student has a thorough understanding of the skills required to operate machinery.
This course will be scheduled upon request. To request a session, please call or email the studio for available times.
If additional time is needed, the cost is $25 per hour for a one-on-one session.
Quilt it Yourself
You’ve completed the training course and now The Sewing Escape instructor has certified you for rental time on our machine. You are excited to create your own quilted treasure. We realize that it takes practice to become completely familiar with the machine, and to build your quilting skills. We are here to assist and support you along the way as you gain quilting experience. So relax and quilt!
Come and see how fun, easy and rewarding it is to finish your quilts on a sit down free motion machine!
Rental Terms and Agreement
- Renter must be at least 18 years of age, and must have completed and been certified by a Sewing Escape instructor before renting the machine.
Renter Agrees to the Following:
- The Innova Sit Down Stitch-Regulated Quilting machine will be cleaned, oiled and ready for you to start.
- Thread - We include the use of our Omni Thread, by Superior, to insure proper operation of our machine. Other threads in the studio are available for use with an additional fee. Any other types of thread must be pre-approved before your rental.
- Bobbins - only Innova bobbins can be used on the Innova machines, You may use our bobbin winder to wind bobbins for your rental time. You may also purchase bobbins from us if you plan on renting the machine multiple times for your use.
- Session includes one needle. Additional needles may be purchased separately.
- Rentals are by appointment only.
Rental Session Fees
- Renter agrees to operate The Sewing Escape’s Innova Sit Down Stitch-Regulated Quilting machine at their own risk. Renter will not hold The Sewing Escape, LLC liable for any harm to themselves or their quilt as a result of using the machine.
- Renter agrees to pay for any repairs or replacement of parts damaged to the machine directly caused by the renter.
- Renter agrees to operate the machine in a safe and respectful manner, including, but not limited to:
- No drinks or food allowed near the machine.
- Clean bobbin area after each bobbin change,
- Keep hair, necklaces and clothing away from machine.
- Tools and pins should be used carefully.
- Clean your work area before the end of your rental time.
- Ask for assistance before replacing needles, changing tension, oiling machine, or changing threads.
- If it has been over six months since your last rental, you will be required to take the beginner course again.
- If you have previous experience with a sit down quilting machine, please call the studio and ask about our abbreviated training class.
- Your charges start at the time of your reservation, no exceptions. Time is measured from when the renter starts or when the renter’s reservation starts (whichever is earlier), and finishes when the renter has cleaned up the work area. Overtime fees will apply.
- All of the renter’s time at the studio during the scheduled rental time will be counted. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Preparing the quilt
- Selecting thread
- Winding bobbins
- Searching for quilting ideas
- Marking a pattern
- Practicing designs
- Experimenting with rulers and stencils
- Picking out stitches
- Eating lunch, talking on a cell phone
- Rental Fees
- Hourly pass $18
- Bulk pass 10 hours for $150
A refundable deposit of $20 must be paid when scheduling time for a machine. Deposit will be refunded for cancellations made at least 48 hours prior to scheduled rental time. Cancellations / Changes made within less than 48 hours of the rental session will result in the forfeiture of the deposit.